Long Beach Marathon here I come !

This blog is to track all major statistics for my 2nd full marathon. If you are looking for good stories or an interesting spin, then you might not be satisfied. This is pure statistics and if there is a anything the audience may feel that I am missing that could help in my training, I would very much appreciate it.

Here is my current profile

34 Years old (will be 35 when Long Beach comes around)
5"6 inches
155 pounds
2 Years running
Marathons completed
2006 Arizona Rock and Roll Half Marathon in 2 hours 29 Min and 42 sec Pace of 10:26 sec
2007 Arizona Rock and Roll Full Marathon in 4 hours 48 min and 17 sec Pace of 11:00 min

I am on my 1st day of no smoking. I am a lite smoker (2-4 cigs per day, but is going to stop)
and need to will myself to quit. I also am coming from a period of non-running as I took a couple of months off, so needless to say I'll be hurting the next couple of weeks.


I'll be starting an 18 week training session with the following goals:



  • Marathon Completion time of 4:10 or less

  • Pace of 9 min 33 Seconds

  • Weight to 140 pounds

  • No injuries

Those of you reading this, encouragement helps and let me read your stories


The long beach marathon link is below as well as the course


http://www.runlongbeach.com/w.runlongbeach.com/